Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
That sounds like it massively helps spellcasters, still. I mean, look at blasting, the weakest form of wizard combat ability. They can stick maximize and empower and intensify on their spells, but fighters can't get more HP and saves to resist?
I see what you mean, I suppose I did not think the metamagic stacking all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosi
Casters trivializing encounters is an encounter design problem, not a balance problem.
Quote Originally Posted by Nifft
On the subject of encounter design, one thing I've done with good success is throw waves of attackers at the PCs instead of revealing all enemies at once, right at the start.
Thanks for the advice and thoughts on encounter design, I will definitely keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosi
Or just play E10. Though you might still need non-combat goodies for non-casters. Maybe give them Adept or Magewright casting as a quick fix.
After considering what ya'll are saying I think I will just go with a straight E10, maybe E8, instead of making things overly complicated. If things get too out of hand I'll probably give the non-casters a gestalt like you recommend.

Thanks for the input ya'll