Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
And yeah, speaking of booze, catering. Even if you don't pay your guys, 100 bucks for pizza and coffee a day for a month comes in at 30'000.
Not to mention, it was filmed on location in Ottowa, Canada - most cities charge exorbitant fees in order to film on locations, more so in public places, and then you have to pay insurance for 20+ people to do so. I can only imagine how much of a mark-up that cost would get since it was from a large, world-renown city.

...Assuming they bothered with such petty things of course, and didn't just load everything into a minivan and head down the local park & rec area without telling anyone... which by the looks of things they might well have done....

Anyways, here's another film which has managed to worm it's way into my brain, for reasons that I'm not too sure about: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension! How's THAT for a title?

It stars RoboCop as a rock star/racing driver/genius inventor/PhD physicist/premiere neurosurgeon/gentleman adventurer who invents a car that can drive so fast that it can travel through dimensions, and in doing so discovers a race of lizard-aliens who are plotting to body-snatch just enough of humanity in order to enact an invasion. Despite sounding - and being - utterly ridiculous, it has a surprisingly impressive cast, including the Kurgan, Dr. Malcolm, Doc Brown and creepy Gestapo guy from Raiders of the Lost Ark as President of the United States.

Just... wow. It's awful, but in that extremely silly way that makes it utterly engrossing.