Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
Any title with a colon in is a strong indicator of bankruptcy in the imagination department. Four colons in one title? - suggests "strictly for people who think the prequel was robbed at awards time".
And yet, ironically, it is by all appearances a pretty good game (haven't managed to play it yet myself- actually bought it at a thrift store not long ago... and discovered the installation disc was missing )

As for titles? Hmm I'd say some good ones were

Escape from New York is pretty good as titles go- it neatly encapsulates the driving thrust of the movie and is slightly intriguing- why, exactly, would you want to escape from New York? Well, aside from the obvious reason of not wanting to be in New York anymore, which would be a bit tougher to make an entertaining movie about and probably wouldn't star Kurt Russell.

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (Harlan Ellison)- mouthlessness and wanting to scream are not necessarily the entire focus of the plot (although it's definitely a factor), but the title grabs your attention rather well, I'd say.

On the other end, a title that I am tremendously fond of, but really doesn't relate well to the plot, would be Under a Killing Moon (A Tex Murphy adventure game). On the one hand, a title like that pretty much oozes Noir, and the game is certainly that. On the other hand, it doesn't do much to indicate the presence of the flying cars, oppressed underclass of mutants, and ray-gun battles that Buck Rogers would probably be more comfortable with than Sam Spade would.