"There is no such thing as a one-man organization. While not everyone holds the same weight or the same level of strength, it is the action of each member that makes an organization what it is.

With the mortals, such relationships become increasingly more complicated. For a while, the Akiyamas thought that Charles Anderson assassinated their matriarch and decimated their numbers. The Kuzunohas themselves hold a number of alliances with spiritual entities we had considered beneath our notice, and yet such alliances enabled them to take on an enemy that had them outnumbered and outgunned, with complete disregard for the secrecy that spiritual matters demand on a level we had not seen since the sixteenth century.

Without the efforts of these extraordinary mortals and the groups they belonged both, I doubt they would have succeeded. I would rather not consider the worst case scenario, but I would be remiss as a member of a military force to think that there is such thing as a perennial ally."

Grim words to be sure. But then, at one point, there was talk of rounding the mortals up and bringing them to concentration camps. While Koutarou is relieved it never came to this, he's not sure it won't come up again. And at one point he might find his hands tied.

For some reason, his thoughts turn to Katsuo. He hopes the boy is okay.

"But I digress. The decentralized nature of the Kuzunoha's organization and the nature of their spells makes them a better support force than a direct combat asset. Similarly, the Andersons are predominantly set in Australia, far from the most likely theater of operations. And the Akiyamas... well, even assuming they rally to a call to arms, which is unlikely, we'd be asking them to involve themselves in our affairs when we did not intervene to discover the truth behind their massacre. We'd be poorly leveraged.

As for your question in regards to the signataries, the treaties were signed by the leaders of such organizations. I understand there have been those that disagreed with the terms and left such organizations as a result."