Quote Originally Posted by anonomas321 View Post
Dursurayss would listen patiently as his answers were given. The powers of the different aspects that Lord Xzalvat’re discussed was not surprising at all. The soul aspect has the ability to rip out souls, whilst the Time & Probability aspect could play with time and Probability... it was the level of those powers that was the most concerning. The fact that even a being as powerful and mighty as Lord Xzalvat’re seemed to have no defence against them. Through now that he had fought against it, it was quite likely that he had come up with some sort of counter-measures, even if he couldn’t know it would actually work without him.

He wasn’t entirely... confident about these theories, however. The idea of capturing The Devil himself, of destroying all of Mechanus’ automatic factories, and to halt the endless wars of Acheron... they would lead to greater development and manifestation of chaos in the multiverse, that was for certain. But the scale of even one of those tasks was... incredible. He suspected that the entirety of the DDC might take issue with only one of those issues, let alone others. Hence, he was someone sceptical about them being the plan of attack... and if they were actually possible? Well... those were the obvious targets. Not only would they be the targets that most people would naturally assume if put in the shoes of ‘how does one increase the natural chaos in the entire multiverse?’, but even accomplishing one of them would drag a lot of deific attention onto them... and whilst they are incredibly powerful, whilst the DDC are incredibly powerful... the strongest of the gods are likely stronger still.

Hence, whilst Hiltze’s idea was not unsound - for once. Dursurayss would still frown over it for a few moments before he spoke. “Not an insignificant idea. Simply having one of those planes aiding us would be significant, having all three aiding us would be significant in the increase of their power. Still, those targets are too big and too grand to be the only targets that they have in mind. Gaining the attention of an entire pantheon of gods is not a decision made lightly, even if these aspects have such great power. I suggest we don’t turn too much attention to that mission, and instead focus a lot on the current DDC mission: The liberation of Vecna.”

Of course, even as he spoke, an idea began to creep into Dururayss’ mind...
"Well powerwise the DDC probably outmatches the entire forces of those three planes to be frank with honestly only some individuals coming to be useful. Their numbers could be useful though as essentially cannon fodder."

"I doubt they mind attracting the attention of deities, hell I used to be one before I was annihilated and from what I see these guys could destroy us and the DDC if they come the eight at a time. They don't care about any pantheon in existence, the deities would be instantly dead the moment they step up. The DDC is much more of a threat to them and even then not too much of one if they are as powerful as they were a hundred years ago. However you are right on the liberation of Vecna, he could reveal vital information he has discovered via portfolio sense."