Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
You mean PAM?
PAM requires a feat (feats come at a slower pace for a sorcadin and he needs other feats and stat bums a lot more than PAM), and uses your bonus actions (which a sorcadin can use in other waysP, and works only when you take the attack action (which as a sorcadin you only when to do when fighting a boss, so that you smite it more, so that you kill it quickly).
Edit: Also, sorcadins typically don't get IDS (and if they do it's postponed for several levels), and they dont have any significant way of exploiting a polearm's reach, so I dont see much value in a reach weapon. (There are benefits to the extra AC offered by a shield, but since you are going for a GWM build I wont expand on that).

I think this is the least of the benefits that a sorcadin (any sorcadin) gets. A paladin has enough slots to do this, assuming they choose to do it when it is an optimal thing to do (cause generally speaking, spending slots to smite is suboptimal). A sorcadin is good, always IMO, cause it adds a boost on top of an already good tanking basis, because it allows you some versatility in your tactics (best used IMO if you focus on a few control options; a couple of AoE options at cl 11 are not bad either) and mainly because it optimizes the action economy (especially during the 1st round of combat, eg quickened bless and attack action when fighting bosses) of the various tactics you have in store (also because quickening allows to use tactics you otherwise wouldn't due to speeding things up; eg dreadful aspect + quickened web at round 1, ie something it might not be profitable to do if you needed two whole rounds).

Now, the real draw of a vengeance GWM sorcadin (which is something I am not really a fun of, GWM sorcadins that is), is that it can twin haste and that it can quicken bless. When using VoE (+haste), a singleclass paladin always deals less MORE damage than a respective vengeance sorcadin. The sorcadin makes up for it because he can twin haste (assuming it is safe enough to do so, so take care here; even with both aura of protection and resilient con, you might still prefer to use bless instead, when up against enemies with a strong attack, such as a dragon's breath). Quickned bless also allows the vengeance sorcadin to deal better damage than a singleclass vengeance when they are not using VoE, since it obviously improves action economy during round 1, thus allowing you to attack.
Okay, those are things I didn't think of as I've never used Bless before since the benefits never seemed worth the effort for what felt like so small a payout, imo. Quickened was one of the metamagics I am thinking of taking, but subtle sounds rather useful, so that was my choice for the second one as Twin only works on a few spells.