Quote Originally Posted by Aimeryan View Post
As Corran mentioned, the weapon cantrips don't work that well with GWM+PAM because you want the Extra Attack on your Action and the PAM Attack on you Bonus Action.

The build I used was with a 1H+Shield, with Draconic boosting GFB cantrips. AoO weapon cantrips from Warcaster were also nice. That said, it wasn't really aiming for max melee damage, more a fun versatile gish.

The second build I mentioned sounds like it would work much better for you, although concentration may be an issue without Warcaster and Resilient (Con), although the aura would make up for one of those.

The Eyes of the Dark from Shadow Sorcerer would give you always on Advantage on Attacks - great for GWM and for Crit-Smiting. You could use your spellslots, along with Quicken, for when it makes more sense to cast a spell instead (AoE, non-concentration spells, encounter-specific concentration spells).

If not Shadow Sorcerer, then Twin Haste makes a lot of sense for your concentration. Maybe Divine Soul Sorcerer for Favoured by the Gods and access to the Cleric list?
Admittedly yes, those are the reasons I chose that subclass.