View Single Post

Thread: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

1. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    The Ford map is empty, and I explored every road around it. I've passed through it six or seven times now going back and forth to Oleg's while exploring the map. I haven't encountered either of the people you name.
    Do you see the bandit platforms on the ford map? There are two of them one is in the bottom right and the other is mid left. When I did it the characters I mentioned were at the bottom right camp/platform. I think if you do not investigate the ford soon enough then the other tower is the one that is manned and one of NPC's shows up at Oleg's on his own. I'll try to go there with my monk when I play later today and take a screenshot.

Spoiler: Game guide info
    Show
    According to one guide the only time sensitive issue with Thorn Ford is if you went to the Ancient Tomb in pursuit of Tartuccio. If you went to the tomb first then Akiros the Stag Lord's right hand man will not be at the camp.

Made it to level-3 and that seems to be a tipping point for difficulty in this game. Fights are going much smoother, I don't seem to miss as much and don't have expend my resources except for the big fights. Probably helps that Linzi and Octavia have precise shot now. Managed to get Valerie some Fullplate+1 but I still have her using a heavy shield until she gets to level-5 and can negate the tower shield penalty. Made a custom cleric because I did not like the stat distribution on the two companion clerics. As soon as I get more money I'll be making a replacement for Amiri, she's too squishy and I don't find story compelling enough to put up with that voice.

Anyone have any ideas on the best way to build Linzi? I know how I'm building everyone else but I am unsure what path to take her down.

One tip. If you plan on making a custom companion do it immediately after you level up. Apparently they come in at the minimum xp for your level and not at the party xp level. My custom cleric is about 1500 xp behind the rest of the party.

Had one bug today when trying to level up Linzi and Octavia, the precise shot feat was missing. It wasn't anywhere in the feat lists including the not available feats. I saved the game, exited, reloaded and then the feat showed up as a suggested feat for Linzi and available for Octavia.

Oh almost forgot. Performed a Lawful Good action and got my entire party cursed with permanent -2 CON curse. I've only been able to afford to cure it on 3 companions so far. Valerie had hers removed when she died and went into Death's door state. Still need to cure my character and Amiri, figured we were the two who could handle -2 CON.
    Last edited by VexingFool; 2018-09-28 at 01:20 AM.