View Single Post

Thread: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

1. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Like: Well written backstories for characters, especially Valerie. Fairly challenging at times- throwing a swarm at a martial party of level 2's and giving it a 17 touch AC is a baller move. Really good job of introducing some of the stuff from future AP's into the plot early on. I enjoy the "2002" retro feel and the graphics are fine. While I'm sure some options (traits) are missing- I was impressed by the number of options introduced. I was able to exactly replicate my half orc inquisitor from pen and paper.

Dislike: I haven't had this much trouble with game mechanics since Witcher 2. I can't always tell if my characters are doing what I just told them to do. Some of the locations of different options make no sense. I'm still kinda confused by camping- I make the sleeping bags appear, then what? I wish there was a dumbed down camping option. As someone else pointed out, it's kind of strange that you have to customize the snot out of it JUST to make the rules the same as they are in pen and paper.
    Last edited by Sloanzilla; 2018-09-28 at 06:24 AM.