Quote Originally Posted by Silver Swift View Post
Definitely!

Animorphs, the reckoning
: Rational animorps, very dark, but extremely tense and exciting. Really conveys how utterly in over their heads the main characters are while still allowing them to have agency in the story. Update schedule has recently slowed to a crawl, but the author is still writing it.

Pokemon, the Origin of Species: Trying to make pokemon lore work in a coherent setting is a hell of job. In terms of pacing it's the polar opposite to Animorphs. Which is to say, we're 59 chapters in and we still have only gotten vague hints about what the bad guys are up to. The plot is mostly happening in the background while the main characters are exploring the world, but that doesn't matter because the world is really cool and the characters are interesting.

Unsong: This one is weird. The premise is that Apollo Eight crashed into the crystal sphere that surrounds the planet and caused a crack through which magic started leaking back into the world. People can now use magic by speaking one of the many names of God (specifically the Jewish one) and there are large megacorporations build around discovering and copyrighting new names. Also, Tamiel (ie. the devil) is now messing everything up on a geopolitical level. The story is a lot more surreal than that premise suggests and you do need to be able to handle a bit of Pratchett style weirdness (as well as a lot of jumping back and forth on the timeline), but if you can it is absolutely worth the read.

Color Psychology.: It's a rational RWBY fanfic! Ruby is a mechanical genius who is socially awkward in a very convincing (and frankly adorable) way and... That's basically it. The story just started and, while the author is keeping a good pace at one chapter a week, it's still too soon to see where the story is going.

Optimized Wishing Project.: This is a rational Dragonball fanfic. The premise is that Goku isn't stupid and the Dragonball world has some level of coherent rules. It's not quite as good as the others on this list and I don't particularly like this version of Bulma, but smart!Goku is cool and the story is still very well written and funny.

I would also like to mention Mother of Learning (D&D-esque world where the main character gets stuck in a groundhog day loop), because I wouldn't have found out about it without HPMOR, but I believe MOL started before HPMOR finished and isn't directly inspired by it.
Thank you. None of these are fandoms I know, but I'll probably look at the Pokemon one.

Spoiler
Show

People complain that there are more time turners here than in canon. The truth is, we have no clue how common time turners are in canon. All we know is that Hermione had one in canon, and there are two (maybe three?) known in this story.
We don't know how many exist, but we do know that they are very difficult to get hold of. Hermione needed all kinds of character references despite extenuating circumstances such as being Petrified for six months and and helping to catch a serial killer. Harry getting handed one on day 1 wouldn't be possible in canon.