Quote Originally Posted by Sloanzilla View Post
I'm still kinda confused by camping- I make the sleeping bags appear, then what? I wish there was a dumbed down camping option. As someone else pointed out, it's kind of strange that you have to customize the snot out of it JUST to make the rules the same as they are in pen and paper.
As Serafina said click on the camp once you have placed it. You can also camp from the overland travel screen, this will bring up the camp interface immediately but will have no party banter/animations. Once you have the camp interface activated click manage and then drag the party members to the roles you want them in. Check the box if you want to use your carried rations. If you leave it unchecked or are out of rations your hunters will hunt until you have enough food/rations which takes more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Serafina View Post
It's important to note that none of your NPC-companions has any AOE damage spells at this point, and that you have received no scrolls with them as loot either. Nor do you get alchemists fire - you can buy it from the potion maker, but the game doesn't tell you at all.
You are given 2 'everburning' torches in your inventory to start the game, these can do 1 point of damage to the swarms. There are 2 vials of alchemist fire and 2 vials of acid that can be looted in the prologue. But the Devs have heard the complaints and patch 1.02 is set to address this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch 1.02 Notes
Fangberry quest is very hard on low level.
Resolution: Bokken warns about quest difficulty and gives 6 flasks of Alchemist's Fire. The special tutorial message is added about dealing with spider swarm.