Quote Originally Posted by kingdore View Post
Starting a Spheres Game for the first time and need some clarification. From a previous thread:

Q51:When choosing the shape or energy focus drawback for the destruction sphere. Can I still use the untyped blast and the regular touch attack?
A51:No, if you take the drawback for a shape or type, you no longer possess the base shape or type.

The word untyped is throwing me off, given that there are blasts that deal untyped damage and the base shape is bludgeoning.

Q236: So, by taking the Energy Focus, not only it prevents a character from getting any other blasts - including the ones that share the same element - but also removes the basic Destructive Blast which deals Bludgeoning damage?
Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
If you take the energy focus drawback, you can take multiple blast talents as long as they use the energy you can use (electrical blast and shock blast, for instance).

As far as I understand it, you can no longer use the base blast for bludgeoning damage.
The destroyer's handbook added the concept of blast type groups. With the drawback, you can select the base blast type or you can select a blast type talent. If you select a blast type talent, you can only ever take blast type talents from that group. If you select the base blast, you cannot gain any blast type talents.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
Q238: As I am the type of person to like Spheres combined with Path of War, what would your opinions on game balance with seize the opportunity be? I can see it going very, very badly, with a build that combines the game breaking tricks of Path of War, Psionics, and Spheres - Nellie + Dual wielding sphere would say hi, but I am just curious how you would have fun in this environment
A238: Seize the opportunity would be very strong and would heavily push optimization to run toward large threatened areas. This will have a ripple on the relative value of other abilities and anyone who can't move without provoking will become much more static in combat, which I would prefer to avoid myself since both systems go a long way toward making combat less static. I wouldn't recommend it.
Quote Originally Posted by Minion #6 View Post
Q239: Doomblade's core class ability and Spheres of Might abilities - compatible?
Quoting myself:
Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
A37: You make attacks with the destructive blade in place of normal attacks, so yes, you can use it as an attack action. Given the publishing times, it was obviously not written with SoM in mind. I suppose as written it can be used to impale, but I would be very reluctant to recommend allowing it to deal that much bleed damage. I wonder if touch attacks and lancer don't play that well (or too well, rather) together. I would only allow the base 1d6 (or 1d4 or 1d8 depending on blast type) to be inflicted as bleed.
Quote Originally Posted by kingdore View Post
Q240: Is the Archmage Mythic Path compatible with Spheres of Power? If so, how are the Arcane Surge and Wild Arcana abilities supposed to function?

Arcane Surge (Su)
Spoiler: Quick Reference
Show
As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to cast any one arcane spell without expending a prepared spell or spell slot. If you prepare spells, this spell must be one you prepared today (even if you have already cast it); if you’re a spontaneous caster, this spell must be one of your spells known. If the spell requires a saving throw, any non-mythic creatures affected by the spell roll twice and take the lower result.

If you must attempt a caster level check for the spell to overcome a creature’s spell resistance, you can roll your caster level check twice (adding your tier to each) and take the higher result. You can’t add a metamagic feat to a spell you cast using this ability.

Wild Arcana (Su)
Spoiler: Quick Reference
Show
As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to cast any one arcane spell without expending a prepared spell or spell slot. The spell must be on one of your arcane class spell lists and must be of a level that you can cast with that arcane spellcasting class.

You don’t need to have the spell prepared, nor does it need to be on your list of spells known. When casting a spell in this way, you treat your caster level as 2 levels higher for the purpose of any effect dependent on level. You can apply any metamagic feats you know to this spell, but its total adjusted level can’t be greater than that of the highest-level arcane spell you can cast from that spellcasting class.
A240: There are no rules for combining mythic and SoP.