So here's a funny story. There's a local horror play company doing a stage version of the movie Fright Night. Officially licensed, with the blessing of the creator. Pretty cool! I'm a big fan, and the sequel was good too. I enjoyed the remake as well, nor something I often say with remakes of films I love. Anyway, they were looking for someone to do a cover of the title song, originally by the J Geils band, to play at the end for curtain call, giving it a movie credits sort of feel. Who do you call for an 80s horror song? The local darkwave/goth guy, of course!

The director thought my version was too dark. They offered to pay for me to try again and make it more pop, but I declined. I have no interest in making music that doesn't sound like me right now. Besides "too dark for a horror play" is worth about a million goth points!

The thing is, it's not really all that dark. The song is inherently a little goofy. I took it seriously, but the lyrics are b-movie bad. It's always going to be fun in a cheesy way. Halloween is coming up, so I figured I might as well finish and release it.
https://doorsinthelabyrinth.bandcamp...k/fright-night

I don't imagine anyone around her will find it particularly dark, but I'm hoping folks will find it fun in a Halloween party Monster Mash sort of way!