View Single Post

Thread: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

1. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Quote Originally Posted by VexingFool View Post
    @Eldonauran

Looks like a good setup. I'm going to try and use a different animal type for each character even though it's less optimal. Is there a way to name your animal companions? I really want to name my mammoth Snuffy.
    No way that I have found to rename the animal companions. Makes it a little confusing for me when I have two leopards and two smilodons and can't tell who they belong to. Also, they need to add a way to quickly check the hp of the companions without having to open the character screen on each of the companions. I say just add it under the name tag on the tooltip.

Oh, and I finally got into the 2nd Chapter (I took my time, this is the third character that I've tried and actually like). Going on with the cat theme, I have official named my kingdom "The Pridelands" and my capital is now "Pride Rock". I am absolutely LOVING that fact that I've run into several clerics of Erastil and how its playing a large role in my game so far. I don't know if that's by design or not (maybe if you picked a different deity, the NPCs might be slightly different) but it certainly helps my immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Firechanter
    My aforementioned buddy is pretty miffed because he rolled a Diviner Wizard, and there are only _4_ (Arcane) Divination spells in the entire game. Conjuration is also not the domineering school we know from the tabletop. Some of the best Conj spells have been moved to other schools, for instance Web is Transmutation here.
    Yeah... I really wanted some way of prebuilding the character to see all the options (if there is a way I have NOT found it). Either way, I'd have never made a wizard in this game with anything other than Evocation school, as CRPGs tend to focus more on hack and slash than what you would expect in a normal campaign. Different assumptions have to go in towards character creation.
    Last edited by Eldonauran; 2018-10-03 at 10:14 AM.