Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
Fine. Your constant Aiel-bashing is extremely annoying, and it is extremely obvious that you are not basing it on anything in the books other than your initial arbitrary reaction. Nobody states that "You need to be the greatest warrior in the world to have a chance against an Aiel." Just you. Nobody says that anybody who beats an Aeil must be "cheating." Just you.

All of the "amazing Mary-sue feats" you've called out so far have been things that you wouldn't even have thought odd if Rand, Mat, or Lan had done them. You're projecting your own assumptions that the Aiel over what the books actually say, and are judging them by that framework instead of the actual one. You decided that they were terrible Mary Sues, so you'll twist any and every scene they appear in to make them be terrible Mary Sues. This isn't quite Miko-level "The Order of The Stick are the Bad Guys!" jumping to conclusions, but it comes close.

There's worthy things to criticize them for, but you haven't even encountered them yet.

EDIT: For clarification, I spoilered the other post because I wanted to vent a little without starting something. All I really want is for you to judge what's on the page, not the somewhat different construct you've obviously come up with.
I mean we're in subjective territory, here, but FWIW I definitely tend more towards AES's interpretation of the Aeil. I think their characterization is one of the weakest parts of the series, which is a shame in light of the very powerful, emotional scene where we find out WHY they are who they are. Still doesn't change the fact that their warriors, fighting as described, should not be able to do what they do. It is telling vs. showing.