View Single Post

Thread: [SF]Shattered Worlds

1. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [SF]Shattered Worlds

Uisa Kifua

A Lashunta woman walks in, bowing towards Verrik before taking a seat as instructed. She's wearing typical lashunta form-fitting clothes. She's not expecting trouble and therefore not wearing any armor. The armor's stored in her backpack, but there is a blaster she carries openly on her hip. As the others come in, she looks at each of them, offering a quick nod. Introductions can follow afterwards. "Thank you, master Verrik, for the opportunity to work for a great company as the IDRC. I'll be sure to put my education in xenoarchaeology to good use. And rest assured, we won't crash the ship. I've only been in one crash so far and that wasn't my fault." She looks at her - her what, companions? Fellow rookies? - before turning back to Verrik to ask a few questions.

"I did have a couple of questions, actually. This planet, Kaglan H32, do you have any information on it that could be of use to us? Climate information, previously inhabited continents, what sorts of civilizations existed, best place to look for salvage, that sort of thing. For the sake of efficiency, information like that would be very helpful." She waits for him to answer before asking another question.
    Verrik answers. ”But of course! We don’t want you dying out there. First, the climate: pretty warm, and breathable. Hazard protection and life support is not needed. However, you may have some trouble with the dust storms kicked up by the impact. As for continents and civilizations, you won’t have to worry about those; we’ve got a site for you. Former city. We’ve already done orbital scans, and there’s no sign of life. The coordinates are already entered into your ship. As for places to look, the sturdier the building, the better. Anything with traces of electricity is probably worth checking out as well.”

"Also, you said you have a job for us rookies. I assumed that I'd be joining an experienced crew, or at least that there would be someone with previous salvaging experience on board. Did I misunderstand that part? Are we indeed an entirely new crew for the company?" She looks at the others again. "Honestly, I don't mind. It's just not entirely what I was expecting."
    Verrik laughs, slightly nervously. “To be honest, I don’t know. None of you have been employed at this company before, but as for previous jobs, I have no idea. I’m not the one who hired you.”

At the back of the group, BlackStar Alpha looms, slightly ominously. So far, all he has been used for by the company have been guard jobs - this appears different. "Occupational Directive: Accepted. Reply: Thank you, Manager Ferrik." he says, voice clipped, robotic in style and yet still somehow organic in tone. "Additional Query: Do we have an assigned 'Captain'?"
    Verrik is definitely spooked by the android, but his voice doesn’t show it. “Ah, not at the moment. I thought you would have had a fifth member of your crew, but perhaps they’re late. In any case, you may assign yourself to whatever roles you want on your ship.”
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-10-16 at 08:35 AM.