Journal of Valerian Valtieri

Castle Volkihar, First Seed 31, 4E202
It's over. Harkon is dead, the prophecy resolved.

He was waiting for us in the castle chapel when we returned. We all knew how it was going to end, though he did demand we hand over the bow all the same.

In the end, Harkon and I were evenly matched. He may have possessed more raw power than I, but he wielded it with all the finesse of a cave troll, and the complex web of blood-hexes I weaved was just as devastating. He would try to draw power from the shrine, but all that achieved was to allow me a clean shot with the Bow. Eventually his defences could take no more, and a final sunblessed arrow ended the fight, and Harkon.

After Harkon fell, Garan entered the chapel. He offered his condolences to Serana, before announcing that I am now Master of the castle, having proven to be the most powerful vampire around. So much for Orthjolf and Vingalmo.

I shall let Valerica know about Harkon's demise, and see if Harkon left behind anything of interest. I probably should check in at the College again before long, too: I still have Septimus' lexicon.