View Single Post

Thread: Help on a campaign seed idea

1. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Help on a campaign seed idea

Oh, I have a new one that I must add.

Spoken by the Red Dragon known only as Vatra-tan, in response to the question, "If the Jacks are such a thorn in our side, why haven't you just destroyed them?"

NO.

I have survived as long as I have by holding to one basic theory: Contingency Plans. When the plan fails, the contingency kicks in. When the contingency fails, the next contingency kicks in. One of your predecessors responded with, "so it's elephants all the way down, eh?" That is the general idea. I have only ever needed to reach six deep. So far.

The Jacks are one of my contingency plans should we fail. There MUST be someone that has a chance to pick up the pieces and solve the problem after we are gone. Even if they do not know their role right now. Should they fall before us, I will replace them.

Since that particular contingency plan presumes our methods have failed to contain a problem, their best chance of success is if they know little to nothing of how we tried to solve the problem, so that they might not make the mistake that we did.

Did you really just ask if I had more than just the Jacks as a backup plan? How do you humans put it? "Duh?" Yes. "Duh."
    Last edited by Coventry; 2018-10-17 at 11:19 PM. Reason: changing color of the speaker. Also: riddled with typos.