Quote Originally Posted by Caylin View Post
I think warmage is the classic entry for rainbow servant. They "know" their whole list and the prc simply expands that. Thus you get full warmage and cleric spells on a spontaneous caster. Under the assumption that text trumps table ofc.
I believe you are correct, I am however not a huge warmage fan. And in theory, I can learn the whole cleric list with enough xp to write the spells if I REALLY wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
I seem to recall an argument that Rainbow Servant doesn't work for wizard - something about the text not technically allowing you to record the spells in your book, or not being able to prepare the spells for some reason or another. I can't actually find the supporting text for this, though, so it's even more or a moot point than it would be otherwise.

I see a lot of rainbow servant arguments, it was part of why I started this thread just to get direct replies I could source back to. I personally am not familiar with this argument and DM has already said they are cool with gaining cleric spells as a wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
It says they can "learn and cast spells on the cleric spell list", for wizards learning a spell involves writing it into your spellbook, so that's not a correct reading. There's literally 0 reading I can see that would prevent a duskblade from benefitting from from it as well. Ask your DM why wizards gain the benefit but duskblades do not? Ask him if a sorcerer would benefit? If a sorcerer would, then duskblades 100% should, since they practically learn and cast spells as sorcerers do.
The duskblade thing is specifically because of their "spells" wording, and the DM feeling it isn't a case of general verses specific. I believe this is the passage that lead to the ruling, but I'd have to double check with DM to make sure, "You cast arcane spells, which are drawn from the
duskblade spell list on page 98. You can cast any spell you
know without preparing it ahead of time.", I believe it is this part since the spell swapping language is different and says I can swap for any spell I can cast.