Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
No, Warmages get no spell picks. None of the fixed list casters do. They add spells to their spell list, then automatically come to know them. Therefore, when Cleric Spell Access (or Prestige Domains) provide access to spells, they automatically learn them as well. The notion that they must use Advanced Learning picks is based on a failure to read the abilities correctly. Either the Rainbow Warsnake works, or the abilities in question do nothing at all. I don't know why you insist on staking out the middle ground, but it's not defensible if you read the abilities.

These classes do not pick spells known. Expanding the list of spells they can learn is always and in all ways the same as expanding the list of spells they know.
I'm not married to the interpretation that they can use advanced learnings as spell picks to get divine spells on their list. I just find it provides the capstone with some utility for the fixed-list casters as well, since its otherwise useless to them. Also, they can get some use out of the domains they get as they level.

There is no law saying that Rainbow Warsnake must work for the fixed-list casters. The fact that they do not pick spells known make them unable to take advantage of the Cleric spell access. Also the feature even specifies that the spells don't appear on his lists:
The character can learn and cast spells from the Cleric list even if they don't appear on the lists of any spellcasting class he has.
Quote Originally Posted by Khedrac View Post
Underlining mine, but it is clear - if you enter Rainbow Servant as a Wizard 5 / Duskblade 1 / Beguiler 1 / Warmage 1 then RS can never be used to increase the casting of any class other than wizard.
Huh. You are right. If I ever knew thta I had forgotten it. It does state that if you could cast arcane spells from more than one class you can pick, but how often is that going to come up?