1. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My character died am I wrong to be frustrated?

Quote Originally Posted by guachi View Post
    Wrong.

If the player's back story is used as motivation to grief other players, it's the player's fault. If the player's back story is used as justification to not help the other PCs, for example, it's the player's fault. The player controls his PC. He can come up with a justification to not grief other players or not commit suicide or help his fellow PCs out.

This lame excuse is the equivalent of "I was just following orders".

Maybe the DM was just playing the NPCs by their back story.

SMH.

Most people have a backstory. They should feel that when a DM enters into it the player should bite.

So there should never be a problem with taking bites to your back story.

DM: You think you see your long lost sister's face in the crowd.

Player: Cool, I go sell my loot.

A DM should never attack downed players while the group is still standing. (Unless a dumb animal is trying to eat and even if the animal had 8 attacks, I would only attack once per turn to give the party a chance to save them.)

With this situation, making the PCs slaves would have been better. You don't just attack PCs to kill them.

Not a game I am willing to play.

Let me give you an example.

Your fighter goes down. Each hit while you are down equals 2 failed saves. (I believe this is correct) So an enemy wizard could launch 3 MMs, hitting the fighter twice and someone else once.

Wash and repeat and your whole party is dead.

There is a difference in playing enemies smart and outright abusing the group.

So much roleplaying was lost by not capturing the group or some of the group.
    Last edited by MThurston; 2018-10-23 at 04:31 AM.