Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
Spoiler: Episode Things
Show
It does seem like Ryan did murder the bad guy. Guess it was all ok as he was a ''really'' bad guy right? So the Doctor says don't use guns and don't kill....well, except when she says it's ok? But it might be fun twist for him to do something more back in time.
Spoiler
Show
My headcanon is that time racist was sent back to when native tribes were the only humans on the continent. There's something karmically fitting about him having to get along when the only people around are not white.

As far as any disturbances that may happen, remember that both of Twelve's companions found companions of their own to go on spacetime adventures with, and I could write an excessively long post about how time agents may play into things. The point being that there are other forces in the universe that can handle troublemakers, even if they never show up on screen to annoy the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
Ultimately though I feel like the 3 episodes so far have treated the doctor more as an incidental part of the events everyone is caught up in - and that sort of works for me after all of the episodes we've had with the Doctor being the center of the universe. I'd like to see a solid antaognist akin to the first nuWho appearance of the Daleks or weeping Angels, or the creature from Midnight. If they keep going for more atmospheric episodes though I think I'd be happy with a season of that.
I wouldn't mind a little more bombast to help introduce the new Doctor, but Moffat kind of overdid bombast and making every individual moment as cool as is humanly possible. Often at the expense of things like consistency or pacing. (I wouldn't horribly mind if Moffat came back to do the occasional episode, but he would need to be kept on a short leash.) I could see Chibnall keeping things muted as a reflexive overreaction.

Which will leave Thirteen and companions without strongly defining moments for longer than their predecessors, but there are worse things than being a bit overly cautious.