Hi Playgrounders,

First, thank you Saintheart and all who participated in this thread for this trove of informations on this module.

I already ran it once successfully a few years back and I'm now preparing to do it again, but I want to twist it.

First I want to use Eberron as a base, I read AslanCross take on it, and really liked it. But I also saw some suggestions to use Warforged and the Lord of Blades as major Villains and here's where I'm stuck.

I am utterly undecided as to which villains I might use, I have 3 major options to stick to eberron's flavor :

1- AslanCross hobgoblin horde and Tiamat planar prison, it's the easiest as I can simply yoink a lot of ideas from his campaign journal (again, excellent work).

2- Warforged : I can see that as fitting eberron very well, but I struggle to find diversity in the ennemies the player might encounter, simply adding the living construct type to the different monsters is probably the easier but I can't justify it easily (why did the different countries not use such monsters during the Last War, who might construct these and so on), and simply using construct is problematic for another reason as it will be much harder for sneak attackers and critical focused builds.

3- Daelkyr : I could replace all the hobgoblins by aberration (dolghast, and dolgrim as fodders, and bigger aberrations as monsters). Everything revolving around freeing a daelkyr lord. the problem I have with this is the structure of the army. aberrations are not known for their discipline so a large, ordered army is kinda hard to believe.

What do you guys think? any ways to make the Warforged idea more diverse or the Daelkyr one work?

though it's not really relevant I will be using 3.p as a system.

Thank you for your help.