[[Sorry. I'm gearing up for a Roll20 game I'm GMing and got distracted. Plus, I forgot how much I suck at open-world sections via play-by-post. I'll try to be more on the ball in future.]]

It's been about two weeks since the gnoll attack. You have caught glimpses here and there, but no further assault by the gnolls. There's been a few things of note, but none you couldn't handle easily enough. The guards that Garavel brought still seem to claim that they're better fighters than you, but no one wants to test it. Garavel himself seems more bored by the trip as anything else. Shaharazad was her usual dour yet fastidious self and Radi was always keeping his eyes open, though at you guys in equal measure as the horizon.

You are about four-fifths the way to the capitol. Another minor oasis, like many you've seen dotted across the way here, though this one is noteworthy in it has a ruined stone sphinx nearby. This strikes many of you, the Water Prince especially, as an ambush waiting to happen. There is the sound of people trying to be quiet; you have no more that a minute or two before the assault begins. How will you prepare?