1. - Top - End - #1393
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The 3.5 Red Hand Of Doom Handbook for DMs [Major spoilers!] - WIP, PEACH!

Ok, so continuing on the subject, I made some progress to adapt the module to a Xoriat invasion.
    Here are the changes I would make to the enemy roster :

Hobgoblin Regular => Dolgrim Regular (Figt 2) they will be more dangerous, having more attacks (2 times more in fact) with the same attack bonus. They will also be sturdier thanks to the RD 5 / Byesh or Magic

Hobgoblin Veteran => Dolgrim Veteran (Figt 4 or Figt 2/Warblade 2)

Goblin Worg Rider => Dolgrim Wolf Rider (Rang 3 with mounted combat combat style). Again, more attacks, still small size.

Worg => Wolf, Warbeast (MM2), Spellwarped (MM3). Stronger, Aberration type, more resistant (AC, SR etc...). Same HD and CR.

Hell Hounds => RuneHound (MM3) same CR, but more damage, and stronger over the board (no immunities to fire though).

Doom Priest => Half Daelkyr Priest of the Dragon Below, not much changes there, except that with the Dragon Below domain they gain the Augment Summoning feat, meaning they will use the summon monster line of spell more often (maybe replace the celestial or fiendish versions of animals by a pseudo natural one (complete arcana)).

Doomfist Monk => Probably dolgaunt unarmed swordsage, they will be appropriate in the ghostlord lair with the bonedrinkers replicating their abilities and appearence.

Mindbender => Illithid straight out of the box they have the same CR and alost similar abilities.

War Adept => Half Daelkyr Wilder 6 will have the ability to enhance his destructive faculties through the roof.

Greenspawn Razorfiend => I was thinking of using the Khyton from BoVD, the impaler is roughly the same CR as the razorfiend, and a hatchery is thematicaly appropriate for the Khytons.

Bloodghost Berserker => I was thinking of replacing them by the standard Qaraphon (from MM3) for 1 more CR, but they are brutal, so I'm not totally sold on that.

Karkilan the Minotaur => Spellwarped so he can be an aberration and gain some resistances.

Koth => I was wondering if I should make him a Grell Sorcerer 6, or something monstruous like that.

Saarvith => Dolgrim Marksman 7 (the pathfinder version of it from dsp), probably a volley archer. Lots of attacks, I'm just looking for a creature to replace Regi.

Abithiriax => As saddening as it is, I was considering changing him for a Beholder, switching the Save or Dies ray to "lesser" spells, one could do a fireball instead of the finger of death. A normal Beholder is CR 13, for the CR 10-11 of Abi, so removing the SoD spells should lower the CR enough for it to be similar.

This is a rough first draft, let me know what you think or if you have some suggestions.
    Last edited by Abzalon; 2018-10-29 at 08:13 AM.