Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

The park is a lovely place this autumn afternoon. Leaves fall in a steady beat in the soft breeze, like rain in slow motion. The plastic of the playground has faded and thin graffiti marks the stone steps. The wind is the regular cadence of sleeping breath. A suspicious sparrow watches you from a birdhouse that's far too grand for it.

It's a lovely place to pause and reflect. What do you think of in this quiet moment, Lily?
The Summer King.

I fear his recklessness and broken mind. Yet I feel for him and the hurt of the loss of his son. The powerlessness to bring him back must cut so much keener when you are the High King, and the King of Summer no less. She imagined he did not take feeling powerless very well even before he was broken by the kidnapping. She wants to go to his home, she is tempted to go now quickly while Edmund is busy with Mrs Height. But I promised him I'd be here, I should honour that.

I wonder what the house will be like. Will it be messy and chaotic? Or will he surprise me by having a home wholly unlike what you'd expect? Should she bring Edmund? Or maybe... why couldn't she remember his name? What was wrong with her?