Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
The park gives no answer to these questions. Leaves gently fall and the swings sway in the breeze and there is space for thoughts to run out, amok, away, fighting and clawing and playing until eventually they have expressed all their invisible energy and pass along from the mind in peace. The energy rips and rolls away unexpressed and finding no expression it parts, ascends... and for a moment there's quiet.

Quiet and a big, fat, thickly furred cat sitting atop the slippery dip. Red and orange and black and scarred, the kind of uniquely ugly gracelessness that only a creature as beautiful as a cat can pull off.

"Hello," said the cat. "I am Autumn."
Lily had watched the cat, absentmindedly, her eyes distant, seeing but not seeing, the way you look at a pond of ducks without ever noticing how many there are. The moment it spoke however, and revealed itself as other than it appeared, her eyes immediately cast down.

“An honour to meet you,” Lily said softly with a nod but didn’t move from her seat on the bench. “This is your garden,” she said, glancing at the falling leaves and the rustle underfoot, “I thank you for sharing it with me.”