View Single Post

Thread: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

1. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

[Howard Philip Memorial Library]

The psalm watches curiously, but doesn't interfere as Erasmus begins writing in the book.

As before, there's a brief pause before a reply begins writing back. Upon seeing the pages filling themselves, the psalm makes a delighted little gleeful noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Book
    An enemy of the fae... wait, like an empyrean? One of the tentacle monsters? I was dealing with fae to avoid those awful things. They're like universe cancer. Once they start spreading everyone is dead or worse. You-
    The writing suddenly stops when a fleck of that brownish black goop clinging to the psalm's 'petals' splats onto the page, redoubling the heady scent of frankincense, myrrh, and vanilla that hangs thick in the room. The gunk immediately begins spreading and reshaping itself, making it all too apparent in a hurry that this stuff is some kind of ink. It takes only seconds for the ink to arrange itself into a rather detailed little sketch of the psalm. The psalm makes a 'please wait' motion at Erasmus if he makes a move to wipe the ink away.

Oh gods! OHGODS its in here with me! I can't move get it away get it away!
    Then a second set of script begins writing itself above the head of the apparently animated image of the psalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm
    Do not be afraid. I want to help you find your story again. I'm very small. I'm not dangerous. And my kind isn't cancer. Cancer is selfish growth without purpose. It's a single word copying itself until the story is drowned out. I love stories. I want to learn them and watch them grow. I want to watch your story grow. And I want the fae that tricked you to suffer for the wickedness it visited on you. Let me help? Please?
    Again, there's a pause.

Gods, this is a terrible idea. Alright. Alright, lead us to the elf. And give me a name to hang onto so I don't go insane in the mean time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm
    Psalm is a good name.
    That's what YOU are, you abomination. Don't touch me.
    Super funtime friends!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-04 at 10:02 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.