1. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Things You Never Noticed VI: The Undiscovered Detail

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Amen.
    I keep telling everyone that Parc Astérix is better than Disneyland, it's cheaper and there are way less queueing to do.
    Yea, but they insist on speaking French which noone understands anymore.

And yea, I also regret not being able to visit the Asterix Park when I was on a trip to Euro Disneyland. And to date me horribly, we were there the year it opened (Eurodisneyland, not the Asterix Park obviously).

That people do not know Lucky Luke saddens me. There's a very good English translation available by Cinebooks or some such publisher. Though with 70ish albums and a couple each year it's going slowly and am not sure they are doing them still.

One of the things that always throws me is how good or iconic translations can be. A lot fo wordplay that doens't translate, an sometimes funnily enough translates better than the originals. Though eg in one Asterix album I was shocked to see a small Michelin man changing chariot wheels. That was actually "censored" in my translation to some small gaulish looking thing which I always thought looked oddly pasted over the comic.
    Last edited by snowblizz; 2018-11-06 at 06:24 AM.