Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
This update is pointless. It feels like filler to get something on the homepage. The only new information is the order to rush the new queen. Another point that should have been revolved as part of the main story, not in an epilogue. Book 4 is just paced badly in every respect. It cuts off in the middle of a scene that takes way too long and resolves and initiates plot developments in the epilogue.
I wouldn't go quite that far, we also learned that Charlie is being allowed to garden once more (meaning he lives and will soon stop dreaming and start scheming) and that the original contract has been voided (some were speculating to the contrary). Still, that's three talking tower dominated epilogues and one talking artefact dominated epilogue to boot. Distinctly subpar.

I do wish they'd get around to Wanda, either establish the conditions under which she could be raised or the impossibility thereof(other considerations aside, I wouldn't be surprised if she responds to such attempts in a similar fashion to Lord Shojo). I just don't care about any of this nonsense with Transylvito beyond being irritated by their continued survival via authorial fiat, while the stuff with Marie hardly matters at this point.