Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
The cat gives you the haughty glare of a cat who knows that you are teasing it and will get its revenge by knocking your plates off the shelf later, after it has finished being patted, and had a sleep, and the whim strikes it.

"I also have to put up with ANZAC day," the cat sighed. "Everyone getting all weepy and patriotic. It's awful. Still, I guess not as bad as Winter - she gets nothing at all. You know how the only good thing about Winter is Christmas? Well in Australia she doesn't even have that. She's just spiteful and envious and bitter and the only thing that gets her out of bed is the Queen's bloody birthday, which doesn't do anything for her ego. It's not even the Queen's actual birthday! So Winter thinks that makes her the Queen in question!"
"I can see her logic," Lily said, not about to insult her own patron, never stopping the gentle pats and strokes. "Besides, there is a King of Winter, surely there has to be a Queen also." She was starting to get a feel for how this cat liked to be treated and she was getting better at avoid in the batting paws. "Sounds like there is a need for some new Holidays, don't you think?"

"What does Winter look like?" she asked softly as she stroked long strokes from the top of his head to the tip of his tail.

The urge to buy a cat was becoming much too strong. She half hoped Autumn would just decide to move in but she highly doubted he would, he was Autumn and not only was she of the Winter Court but lived with the Winter King no less.