If you want, I can probably try to check the campground's memory for whatever it is you... wait, have you not be hearing evil sounding whispering?"

"I myself have heard nothing."

"So... Two of us are hallucinating, but not the same thing... And we're at an abandoned campground near a lake while spooky stuff involving the spirit world is happening... And none of us can draw on our full power..."

"...God damn it, we're in a ****ing horror movie."

"Okay, it's usually the stereotypically behaving ethnic minority guy or the slutty girl that dies first, but we don't have any of those... then it's either the stoner, the jerk jock, or the openly gay person who may or may not be sassy... The virgin girl's usually safe, at least until the sequel... Children used to be safe but that's changed recently..."

"My child, I don't think--"

"Hang on, this is just about par for the course so far. Continue."

"My child, we're not in a--"

"Does being underage and a virgin trump being openly gay, sarcastic, and a tomboy?"

"We are not in a horror film. The worst case scenario is that there's a feral Hollow, which I doubt, or perhaps, if the one man's words on the Soul King bear any fruit, a rogue Shinigami, interfering in the mortal world."

"You mean a masked killer or someone who commonly carried sharp implements of pointy death?"

"My child, you're aware that the term 'masked killer' applies equally to myself as it would to any hypothetical... Ah... You're going o be fine. There are no killers here--anyone who would pose a threat to one of us would be someone whose spirtual presence we could sense."