Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Well, I guess Paradise is in fact so tiny you cannot throw a stone without hitting someone connected to you....

Spoiler
Show

Seriously, we get it, revenge is bad. We don't need a contrived coincidence for that...

Also, I guess working against a conspiracy in your military is also revenge now? Or are we supposed to not agree with Picis? Because going after criminals is not evil. And giving in to their threats because it's the smaller evil is at best... debatable. I'm not sure if I'll be happy with how this will likely end.

Finally: Ew. Also, wouldn't that cause quick titanification?
Spoiler
Show
Pixis is probably being a bit misleading in some way. From the framing of the scene it seems to hint that Ambassador Kiyomi is in on Zeke's plot (the discussion that more members of the faction might be right in front of their eyes and talking about people exploding or blowing up with Kiyomi focused on right in the middle of the convo) and Pixis suspected that hence his big show of 'surrendering' in front of her.

However, I also suspect Onyankopon is another one that's in on Zeke's plot only he does a good job of hiding it. He was shown immediately after Pixis commenting to Yelena in an earlier chapter that you need to mix in lies with truth to be believable, and when the Survey Corps first meet up with Nikolai in this chapter, he only calms down when Onyankopon speaks to him. He's also shown looking at Hange when she comments that Zeke & Yelena likely have an 'insurance plan' ready.

Regarding Zeke's spinal fluid, it doesn't seem to cause an immediate transformation, just 'etches them with a coordinate' that he can trigger later, unlike a normal titan injection or lapping up of fluid as seen with Rod. Whether it's because his fluid is taken from him in human rather than titan form, or if it's a special property of his spinal fluid, or whether the rest of the titan serum we've seen is mixed and crafted from other components as well as titan spinal fluid, I'm not sure.

I also think that the gas was both used to get it into all the villagers of Ragako with ease ensuring every single person there was afflicted, and also to administer a knock-out drug mixed into the gas. I think that a drug was also used on the prisoners that Marley dropped on the battle field earlier as well so they wouldn't fight back or struggle before Zeke titanized them with his command. Zeke seemed to hint that his spinal fluid caused the knockout with the gas but I think this is what Levi picked up as being misleading, when in truth his fluid has no visible effect on someone at all until he activates it.