Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
Nope, since Luffy could still use his powers when making himself wet against sandman.
Yep. We've been over this. Devil Fruit users can get wet. That's how they can shower. This isn't even conjecture. You're just plain wrong. Oda himself has said that it's any kind of water.

Quote Originally Posted by SBS Vol 41, Chapter 398, page 206
D: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right? Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi? by Crocodile's Mother

O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Fruit users bathing themselves. People who have eaten a Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powers being blocked. Don't you think? ---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing. As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year!
Plus would mean getting bloodied would make you lose your fruit powers which would mean most fights would've ended a lot faster.
Blood isn't water for one. It also isn't enough water to rob you of your powers outright.

Piracy is a "solid" profession now?
In the world of One Piece it is. Like, one of the most solid professions. You think if Buggy wasn't an idiot he couldn't retire off his pirate business?

I can buy that the marines offer great retirement and health packages and whatnot, but I highly doubt pirates do so. We've met exactly one dude who remembered he could use his fruit power to get a big honest business going where he doesn't need to personally fight, and he's represented as some silly man anyway.
Again. We don't see the people that the Strawhats don't interact with or will interact with. The fact we don't see Joe Bob the Flame Fruit wielder that uses his powers as a cook doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Still silly.
Not disagreeing. Still doesn't matter.

Nami may be a stretch as a quite late bloomer, but Robin was already more than a full grown adult.
Yep, she was. Still doesn't matter since the art upgrades.

The strawhat pirates crashed in her main domain and ran away with plenty of loot while suffering zero casualities, that's a clean win by pirate standards. Big momma's out for revenge precisely because she was defeated as a pirate.
They succeeded in going in to do what they planned on doing which is steal the Road Glyph. They didn't defeat Big Mom. With a cake or without. You can succeed and still lose. Hell, you can do everything correctly, 100% of the time and still lose. Accomplishing your goal just means you accomplish your goal. It doesn't mean you win.