Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Ah there we go, thats some huge reputation destroying stuff right there. Not QUITE as bad as it could be. I mean, had he flat out said, "Defeating both Cracker and the legendary Katakuri in battle!" That would have been a huge deal, but with that phrasing it would be like saying "He took out nearly a billion berries in straw hat pirates!" where it could have meant he took out brook, franky, robin, ussop, and nami, versus saying he stomped zorro sanji and jinbe. One is clearly going to be a bigger deal than the others. Luffy COULD have taken out a dozen mid rankers to reach that total of big mom troops, but we know he took out 2 of her 3 best warriors. Obviously the second one would be the MOST damaging to get out.

But the phrasing was very interesting. It states he went to settle a score, then by listing what he accomplished people are going to assume he settled the score. Like this wasnt meant to defeat big mom, this was about payback, with the inference being he left because he was done doing what he wanted, not that he got chased away a half step away from the grim reaper. Dang she must be SUUUUUPER pissed if I can steal frankys tag line.
I made up that one as an example of yellow journalism, they haven't shown us the actual article. Sorry I didn't realize I hadn't said that :(