Sebastian groaned inwardly. It had been a while, but these men and women were undoubtedly his best friends. But the fire within him, although subdued without his armour on, would not be extinguished - for the sake of truth, he couldn't resist making a stand.

"I see, Azhar. I see. Your point about Rolph and Sela is really good. It's certainly a long, long shot to put the blame on somebody here. But that's only meaningful in a context of urgency. Perhaps these men only have so long to find a culprit before the trail goes cold, and perhaps the day or several days they spend on us, short as they will be if there is a lack of evidence, will specifically be enough time to slow the investigation down just by enough to stop them from finding their culprit. Maybe. But their understanding of those sorts of pressures in an investigation like this have to be deeper than ours. We don't have a duty to help them be as efficient as possible - they know how to do that. If we have a duty to these men, brothers in service of the country no less, then it is trust and cooperation. You say that we are legitimately in a better position than them to see the lack of evidence of wrong-doing, and that could be a convincing factor, but..."

He turned to Patty.

"Did I mishear, or did you say they had some sort of evidence to bring against the team? Or one of us. Is that the case?"