Mechanically there's nothing wrong with it.

As a non e6 player, it wouldn't make me more interested. One of the main things I dislike about the concept of e6 is the grafting on of extra power after 6th- if this is supposed to be a style focused on the 1-6 levels where things are grittier and less unbalanced, why aren't we stopping at 6th level characters? Shouldn't the xp and leveling be broken down so you spend more time at the various levels, not just going to 6th and then staying there and getting more stuff?

If you want to just play the game at a certain level without leveling up then you can do that. If you want "progression" without leveling up, there's a whole gameworld full of NPCs and monsters and magic items. But all I ever hear about (which is not inductive of actual play, just forumites), are "e6" games and variants that seem to focus entirely on being level 6+++. If you want more options, why not raise multiple characters in classic JRPG (and western RPG, basically just RPG) style and switch them out? If you want more options on a single character why not let them learn to swap feats or levels or whatever instead of just making them deliberately *more* powerful than a 6th level character?

Aside from that one thread where someone did want to break things down smaller, but wanted to do it in a completely un-intuitve way that annoyed me.