1. - Top - End - #11
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: [D&D 5E] Shadows of the Past: Part 1, Chapter 1

The woman looks sharply at Solomon when he asks his question and asks, in a loud, strong voice filled with the assurance of command, "And what makes you think we are trading stories, citizen?"

The commander holds up one hand, "Peace, falleen," he says, softly, "Peace." He looks back at the gathering. "We'll discharge what Trust and Compact require, but we'll not be interrogated nor disrespected. Mind me, if you please."

A pause.

"My name is Breen. Commander Breen, officer of the Emerald Legions these past twenty years. You are beneficiaries of our aid, and therefore under my protection here."

The woman makes a frustrated sound, gives Solomon one more venomous look and leaves the tent.

The commander looks after her for a moment and sighs. He looks at Jacob. "Aye, Everett is stationed here. He be on wide patrol, away these last four days, and I no expect his return for six more. But I will ensure he gets the package, if you wish to leave it here."

Another pause.

"Some of you may have had truck with the Emerald Legions in the past, but I'd wager some of have may not. We are bound by sacred duty to give aid and succor to the citizens of the Empire, so long as our military position be not damaged. So please feel safe here tonight."

Orlenn, finished his examinations, stands and backs up to stand behind Breen. He nods, solemnly, at the description of his duty.

He sighed. His eyes flitted to the door. "But, all the same, on first light, it might be best you all make your way again. For everyone's sake."

Orlenn looks a little confused, a little troubled, but does nothing.

Spoiler: Eliana
    Show
    Breen is armed, but in that casual way of career soldiers who have become used to weapons. Orlenn bears no visible weapon. Nayar also has no weapon, but she moves like someone capable of defending herself with her bare hands.

So far as you can tell, Breen is serious about your being guests and it being his duty to help you. He also seems serious that you should all leave again the next day.

Spoiler: Anyone who speaks Sviligot, has military experience, or who makes a History roll of 12
    Show

Falleen is a Sviligot word that means, more or less underling. It doesn't denote any particular rank, it just means 'someone who takes orders from me.'
    Last edited by truemane; 2018-11-22 at 09:26 AM.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)