On the topic of different Earths, Harley agrees that it feels weird. "I've done some research and found some strange trends, like a lot of the older fiction and books tend to be the same across a lot of the Earths, and that the dominant language is frequently the same one."

However, she adds: "It did take me a while to get used to hearing everyone speak some backwater isolationist language, or largely only children being afraid of the dark and nobody's afraid of mirrors." She stares at her glass of milk as if it's alcohol and she's a drunkard, thinking back on the good old days.

In an attempt to avoid answering the final question, she continues talking on a tangential line. "Checked out a few history books from other Earths. A lot of them seemed very different, they always either stop or quickly talk about colonizing other planets in space." This is just things she's noticed. "If any of them even could be applied to where I came from, I wouldn't know because it's all ancient history to me. Some see like they come from fiction books. Only a few names seem recognizable, like continents and a few countries. Is my home world even like any of the others? Does it show up in some household story that I just haven't found in the library yet? Or does it just have a few superficial names and shapes and has nothing else in common?" All this philosophical musing is obviously directed at giving time to decide whether or not to answer the final question.

Still treating the milk like it's alcohol, she takes another drink and continues."Mother and my sister are probably still around. I don't care for them, though. One is too controlling and the other only cares about herself. Honestly, I'd be okay if I never saw them again." Fact: One of them is the reason why she has the scar that nobody can see because it's covered by makeup.

"I'm pretty old," she adds, even though as a human she doesn't really look that old at all, "so nearly everyone I've ever befriended had already died or went senile before I left, anyway." She finishes off the milk.

She still technically hasn't directly answered that last question. Maybe she must think she answered it? Why else would she avoid directly answering such a simple question? Maybe she didn't want to just outright say "Dead except for people I don't like" and figured answering indirectly would be better.
Must be a sore spot for her.