Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
I don't think it would have to be all that complex. If we take the case of Loki being the orchestrator, all it would take would be for Loki to fool a mere mortal priest. Granted, the mortal was a high level cleric of Odin, but Loki is the god of trickery. And Odin isn't exactly on his game all the time.

Loki is already in the story, so there is no need to create a new agent. And the chaotic god of trickery can have any number of reasons to get involved. Especially with the fate of the world involved.

I'm not saying that this is the case. As Keltest points out, Occam's Razor favors Odin being solely responsible. But it's not too much of a stretch to imagine scenarios where perhaps Odin was only the catalyst.

I know in my head canon, Loki was involved. The idea that he was responsible for a cleric of Thor being exiled is just to deliciously evil.
As I've said before

Spoiler: American Gods - Real spoiler. Be warned. I told you so...
Show
The whole Prophecy by Odin + Bet orchestrated by Loki reminds me of Neil Gailman's book, where we see that much of the plot derive from a con being run by Loki & Odin