View Single Post

Thread: Trickery Domain: As bad as it seems?

1. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Trickery Domain: As bad as it seems?

I actually was suggested to use it with Spirit Guardians before I realized both were concentration. I did it and it wasn't that OP. I guess compare to a smaller, moving Sickening Radiance.

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    You don't have to be "100% good" to be good. You have now moved toward a rather useless, zero defects standard, which I think neither of us would have championed when this discussion began.
    There isn't a single cleric domain that isn't good as a PC class, since the cleric class in general is good. How well Trickery fits into your group, and into your campaign, has a pretty big error band which is part of why the guides and optimization efforts are at best "only partly good." That you place higher value on them isn't of any use to anyone but you.

Beyond that, I think we are at an impasse.
    I think we're reading different parts of what you said.

You said "only in your perception."

Subject was me.
    IE, "only snowbluff thinks it's bad."
    Wasn't "only" so the statement was strictly untrue, which is what I was pointing out.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-11-30 at 02:12 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.