As he tries to get some distance on this rapidly healing madman, Ilvan has an idea.

The girl- she knew this smell, knew it meant her parents. A missing mother- and a father, a Hunter who forgets. Beasts everywhere, people joining soon... from a certain standpoint, it almost sounded familiar. Like perhaps a Hunter reliving the Scourge?

If this was true... he might at least be able to slow the man down, or confuse him.

But having ideas doesn't mean he has to stand there and get slaughtered. He keeps tightly to the outside curve of the stairs, before skidding to a stop and digging around in his pockets for that dratted music box.

Spoiler: Mechanics
Show

Because if I never try, I will wonder forever.

Checked my math, 85 total damage dealt/160 HP max = 75 remaining. (well, 72 now thanks to bleed, that applies at the beginning of each turn, yes? I am also aware of the healing belt, but if the box slows him, this prevents more damage.)

Question: it is a move action to retrieve an object. What kind of action is it to open the lid and let the box play? (Or, alternately, wind it; Really depends on how the music box is designed) .

I've included a spoiler for each possible ruling:

Spoiler: If playing the music box is a standard, move, or full-round action
Show

1.) Swift action, boots of haste, round 3/10.
2.) Move action, 60' down row 22, should be 10' or 15' from the wall at the end of the stairs. (Let's not let the Father charge.)
3.) Move action, retrieve stored item (music box)

Spoiler: If playing the music box is a swift action
Show

1.) Move action, 30' down row 22, should be 10' from the end of the staircase
2.) Move action, retrieve stored item (music box)
3.) Swift action, play music box

Spoiler: If playing the music box is a free action
Show

Unlikely, but included for the sake of completeness.

1.) Swift action, boots of haste, round 3/10.
2.) Move action, 60' down row 22, should be 10' or 15' from the wall at the end of the stairs.
3.) Move action, retreive stored item (music box)
4.) Free action, play music box