View Single Post

Thread: The Tides that Bind IC

1. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

Daun chats with the others for a time. Kalir's comment about the King gives her pause, mostly because she's wildly unsure how to respond. "I mean... I don't know. I think he just asked me to join because he was missing an emissary of Lady Silvarel."

As they leave the cart, Daun pets the horse on the side of the neck. "Thank you for the ride, friend."

Then the topic turns to the smog. Daun nod's, agreeing aggressively. "I know I can be... aggressive about this sort of thing, but yes! I know SMC makes things that makes people's lives more convenient, but there are costs. Glenndale is one of the few nice places to fly over because we fight every day to keep it this way. It used to be like that all around the city. Or, well, so I'm told."

She shrugs "As for me, I've lived in Hamalthan my whole life. It's not for lack of want to travel, I'm sure there's wonders out there. But there's so much to draw me back to Hamalthan." She shrugs. "I don't know. I guess I've never really thought about travelling that much."

As she's getting up for another drink, whisky ginger, she hears some other drunk patrons complaining about the druid community loudly. At first she might have just ignored it: occasionally the residents of Glenndale have to hear those sorts of comments. But bringing up Inquisitor Calchis gives her pause: that could mean trouble if things were actually happening. Daun was still in her formal attire from the gala: maybe they wouldn't recognize her.

She pulls over a chair. "Penny for your thoughts, friend? Or a drink, if you're empty." She says, indicating she'll pay their drink if he shares. "Sound's like there's a lot on your mind."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if it's required, but diplomacy to help coerce him into talking more: (1d20+20)[33]

And untrained knowledge Local to see if I know who Morick is: (1d20+2)[7]
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2018-12-07 at 12:28 PM.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show