Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
Of note, they got rid of cheezing the robomodding for AI races.

Used to, you could create custom bots for every task. Bots with bonus energy production for working energy tiles, bots with bonus mineral production for working mineral tiles, that sort of thing.

But now, that just doesn't work. You can't micromanage your pops into specific jobs, so you could have a bonus energy production pop working on maintenance/consumer goods and have no way to change that.

It's kind of disappointing, I suppose, but meh. Time to max out the leader caps. Level 10 leaders FTW!
I think it's just that the job-choosing subsystem is wonky at the moment. My Materialists have built specialized farming and mining robots. Occasionally I see one of them on the wrong job. It's always been fixed by manually firing everyone working these jobs and then rehiring them. The game then generally picks the best pop for the job from the pool of the unemployed, even if it didn't when the robot was freshly made.

Quote Originally Posted by houlio View Post
Sectors now are now set at game start I believe instead of by the player. I think they wanted to de-emphasize the amount of planets that mattered compared to the actual space you control. With the leader cap now being a soft cap, it isn't terrible, and I have found myself colonizing less planets overall.
Oh, I see. Kinda like CK2's duchies. That makes sense for rebellious sector governors to exist somewhere down the line. This system has potential. I suspect my problem is that I'm playing on huge galaxies and the sectors aren't being made correspondingly larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
But ... it's a strategy game. Calling it 'grand' strategy doesn't change that. When they 'improve' the game, why don't they make it a better strategy game, rather than making it more of a galaxy sim? Just gimme a few more things I can do to affect the outcome of battles. Thus far, I've discovered precisely one trick one can do before the fleets clash and fight each other on autopilot.

Bah! :p
Well, this DLC focused on the economy. I agree that the combat system needs another pass, but it's at least serviceable at the moment. I'd rather they touched diplomacy next, it's an embarrassment compared to their other games..