Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
... that's not true? Strategy is concerned with the movement and deployment (and supply and so on) of armies. Tactics is concerned with the ditto of individual units.
Which is what PDX grand strats do - you have control to the point the battle starts (when it would become tactical). I'm not sure what else you want out of "stratagy" that's not... that battle control?

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
Not sure what you mean by that. Planets now have almost zero micromanagement, other than occasionally needing to buy a building or district. Unless you are complaining about them removing the micromanagement aspect, in which I'd respectfully disagree.

I suppose it depends on how we define the word 'Strategy', because that word does not imply micromanagement. Quite the reverse, in fact. Sergeants handle Tactics, officers handle Strategy. And, up until VERY recently in human history, once a General sends out his orders, he has precisely zero control over what his troops do after that. This is the essence of strategy. And it is carried off brilliantly in this game. You can maneuver your fleets around to whatever system you want, set them into whatever stance you like. But once they are engaged in combat, you really don't have any control over the outcome anymore. Which is... extremely realistic.
Exactly.