Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
Which is what PDX grand strats do - you have control to the point the battle starts (when it would become tactical). I'm not sure what else you want out of "stratagy" that's not... that battle control?
I do not control any armies. That's what I want. I merely control positioning up until battle starts. Controlling an army in battle is still strategy. Also, I'm not having a discussion with you on the meaning of words, so that's the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
Planets now have almost zero micromanagement, other than occasionally needing to buy a building or district.
No.

Before, you had a clicker game within the grand strategy game, where ever so often, you had to click on every single instance of a certain type of building. But built correctly, you never ever had to move anything.

Now you have the opposite. You rarely need to click to upgrade, but you often have to dismantle and replace, when your demands shift for something new.

But that's actually beside the point. I find planet management is now more complex, and requires more actual brain power. I wouldn't mind that, if I'd bought a sim game, but I did not. I bought a space strategy game. I want my brain power invested in designing ships, moving fleets and controlling battles.

Frankly I find that should be obvious.