The question is odd, but Daun ponders good names for weasels. "Hmmm... Good name for a weasel. I guess it depends on what he's like. Sometimes people like to name their companions after real things. Maybe Briar, Quill. For some reason I like the name Champagne: it might make sense if he's that color. Others like to remember people or places by naming their new friends after them. You're an archmage: perhaps some element of arcanum has a enjoyable ring to it?"

On their flight, a bad feeling wells up in Daun as she hears the unnatural howl. "No, they're not. *Squack* And they're not friendly either."

Home was so close, but it would have to wait. Protecting Hamalthan meant from the monsters in the night just as much as the people during the day. She turned sharply in the air and headed towards the noise. As she flies she begins to change, as various buffs take affect.

Spoiler: Casting
Show
Daun will cast spells in the following order:

Freedom of Movement
Death Ward
Babau Slime

Then, once she's within about 5 rounds of whatever is making the noise (or as close as she can tell), she'll cast:
Poison Thorns
Superior Magic Fang
Bite of the Werebear

I don't know how far away she is, or how far behind the fight we are. In the event she could actually get into the fight sooner than the 6 rounds she needs to cast the buffs, she'll cast them in this order:

Poison Thorns
Bite of the Werebear
Superior Magic Fang
Freedom of Movement
Death Ward
Babau Slime

So for instance if she could reach the fight in just four rounds, I'd like to have cast only
Poison Thorns
Bite of the Werebear
Superior Magic Fang
Freedom of Movement

I'll mark spells cast off on my sheet once I know which ones were cast.