View Single Post

Thread: Darkhold. A custom AD&D 2E campaign

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Darkhold. A custom AD&D 2E campaign

This journal is up to date. We have bi-weekly sessions and I will try to update it as soon afterwards as I can. I am happy to answer any questions. Please let me know what you think! Enjoy :)

Background (the short version): Norath is a country whose bulk lays across the great river to the North, with the land of Darkhold being only a small strip of land on the south eastern tip of it. Norath was settled in approximately 90 AC (After Cataclysm). It was founded by a group of Argethian sailors whose ship was dashed on its rocky shores as they were exploring the continent's coastline farther north than had been previously done. Over a period of nearly 500 years the country of Norath grew from a small settlement to several dozen large cities spread over a huge swath of land.

In the year 570 AC from across the great sea to the East came a ship unlike any that had seen before. Its arrival proved to be an ominous event. It held the advance heralds of an impending army. Soon the Blackcloacks began to arrive, several thousand at a time. They immediately began a systematic invasion of Norath. The war lasted nearly 20 years as the Norathian people proved quite resilient in their defense of home and land. In the end, the Blackcloak's spellcasters proved too much and Norath was placed under the yolk of the Blackcloaks. Soldiers were garrisoned in every town and their people were placed in roles of leadership as the invaders began to suck dry the wealth of Norath.

Three years have passed since the war finally ended and the last of the resistance squashed.
    Last edited by NotFireNotIce; 2019-01-14 at 01:08 AM.