You are servants - true believers - in Jon Il-Kim, a charismatic half-elf who will bring great things when he rules the continent of Cora. Unfortunately, not all share in the great vision. The Emperor who rules in Josen resists. Josen, located in a great valley that is the only trade-worthy pass in the Hwacha Mountains that divide the continent in two, is under siege. It is a great and powerful city, able to hold out for years. Wyvern riders, shapeshifted arcanists, and others regularly test and often pass the siege lines.

You have been granted a personal audience with Great Il-Kim. He radiates a tangible power that you can feel and smell, and the presence of his mind is almost overwhelming to those with open minds. He is flanked by his three 'shadows,' powerful warlords in their own right.

"Unlikely though it may seem, our victory is not certain. The might and magic of Josen is powerful. Their walls are thick and strong, their wards ancient and powerful - for this place has been the navel of Cora for millenia. Only by my constant presence here can the enemy forces be kept in check." Your master sighs, seeming tired; it's quite disturbing.

He gestures at one of his three shadows, a great and powerful cerebremancer. "Through careful divination and astral reconaissance, Irfan here has detected what he believes to be an artifact-grade weapon left over from the War of Sundering. It is far to the north, somewhere beneath the mountains. Find it, and bring it to me.

I send only a few of you, my faithful, for the road is long and the enemy has many scryers. A small force moving quickly may escape detection where a battalion would not. The road will be long and hard, and will pass through many wild lands, but I know you will not fail me. I have placed the direction to the artifacts into your minds. You will leave shortly after the fifth bell tomorrow morning. We will launch a heavy magical attack on one segment of the walls; wait about five minutes, and then go. Your passage will be unnoticed."

He lays his hands on each of your heads in turn. "Be careful, my children."