Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
I would note that sector automatization seems to be optional now. I haven't noticed any difference in how my first few sectors vs my core sector have been working.

I would also note a few things on Districts. I'm sure you've noticed there are different amounts for different planets, guiding you to specialize, especially with some of the buildings that give +% bonuses to production. Secondly, if you have the requisite expansions, Ecumenopoli and whatever the space station things are called have unique Districts (or possibly no districts for the space station ones?) that differ from the usual city/generator/mining/farm ones.
Yes, ecumenopoles and habitats have unique districts. Habitats have districts for entertainers, clerks, and researchers in addition to buildings. Since habitats are much smaller, you really never should be building the entertainer district. I found them in general to be limited usefulness, as they cost 5k alloys to construct in the first place (and megastructures start at 10k alloys).

Ecumenopoles (gotta use that -es plural ending because it’s from Greek, not Latin) have districts for metallurgists, artisans, and entertainers. In addition, the housing district provides a few clerk jobs, but not enough to cover the massive housing increase it adds. Besides the districts, ecumenopoles get a massive +50% to pop growth and they draw in tons of immigration. These are extremely powerful, but they also kinda have some tough prerequisites to get. Once you have the ascension perk, you need a planet entirely filled up with city districts. Once you have that, you need to spend 20k minerals (not too difficult with the market) and wait a while for it to construct.

In either case, you’ll need lots of energy/mineral/food production to feed into your habitats and ecumenopoles as those can’t produce such resources natively in sufficient quantities.